Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Plans

It's hard to believe that my first semester in China is coming to an end. It went by so fast! There are only two more weeks of classes until I have over two months off. Here are my holiday plans:

December:
Enjoy Christmas and New Year's with other foreign teachers/friends.
Watch Christmas movies, drink hot chocolate, and have Christmas parties with my students.
Try not to think too much about not being home for Christmas for the first time in my life.

January:
Begin backpacking in Southeast Asia.
Plans are to go to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos for a month!
Hoping to visit the Central Highlands in Vietnam, Killing Fields in Cambodia, and hopefully ride an elephant at some point!

February:
Work at a "Crazy English" camp in Guangzhou (Southern China).
Celebrate Chinese New Year Feb. 14-16.
Visit a friend in Hong Kong.
While in Hong Kong, stock up on American made products that I'm missing!

Then back to school on March 1st. I'm sure I'll be ready to get back to some kind of normalcy after all of that traveling but it'll be hard to teach again after having so much time off. I'm hoping March will go by quickly though. I turn 26 that month :( and Sean is coming to visit on April 1st for two full weeks :).

1 comment:

  1. Okay girly, you need to put one of those "where I have been" maps on your blog. A quarter of the world would be covered! Miss you. <3 Leslie

    ReplyDelete