Friday, November 6, 2009

Culture Week

This week was Culture Week, where the foreign teachers plan day activities and night performances for different continents each day. Monday was China Day, Tuesday; Latin America and Africa, Wednesday; Asia, Thursday; Europe, and Friday; North America. I had been hearing all about Culture Week since I've arrived but I had no idea how big of a production it was actually going to be. Here a some of the pictures from Europe and North America days.


The foreign teachers wrote and starred in the week-long performance which featured superheroes and villains in pursuit of each other around the world in which they experienced different cultural dances.The performances included Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "Beat It", Tina Turner, Beyonce's "Single Ladies", Viking Opera singers, the Korean pop song "Nobody", Enrique Iglesias' "I Will Be Your Hero", and the final dance from the movie "Slumdog Millionaire".Hula danceNorth America finale dance with all the superheroes.
Tina Turner performance.Slumdog Millionaire dance.Filipino dance.
Korean pop song "Nobody".

I helped out with Europe day. During the day I dressed up as an Italian gondolier and took about a thousand pictures with students. During the night performance I was in two dances; a riverdance and a puppet dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment